Friday, August 12, 2005

Vacation!

Today I started my vacation. Okay technically it starts tomorrow but today I was post call with nothing on my schedule so I decided that today I could put my brain on vacation. I had my physical exam today with my new doctor. She seemed nice enough and she's young so she's no where near retirement age. Apparently I had a 1/6 systolic ejection murmur today but i couldn't hear anything but my usual split heart sound when I got home. I got my second hep A shot which was an interesting ordeal. They told me I had to go to the hospital pharmacy to buy it cause they don't have any adult hep A vaccines in the office and then to come back and a nurse would poke me. So I get back and apparently this info hadn't been shared with anyone there and I specifically told the secretary that I was back to get my Hep A vaccine injected as I had the vaccine in my possession. Somehow this simple statement was forgotten and I hear her tell the nurse that I was back for "something to be given to me." For crying out loud, I'm sitting right there and I made the point of my presence quite clear. Anyway, they figured it out eventually (god forbid you just ask me rather than have a confusing dialogue about me while you stare at me). And now I've been chilling out. So I thought I'd better pack my junk up now rather than rush tonight and forget something.

No comments: