Monday, August 08, 2005

fun day

Today Chris and I hung out. It's been awhile since we did anything because I've been working or sleeping but since my call last night was easy, I had enough rest to do stuff. We went out to lunch at a thai place right by my clinic and then went to world market so I could show him the clock with the japanese numbers instead of arabic. Oh and I saw the place he's living in. It's actually pretty big. He refused to play his cello for me but we discovered that my violin books are the same pieces for the cello so we decided to try and do a duet. I pity the neighbors since we both aren't that great (self evals are always critical but probably correct) but we decided to ignore their ear pains and will try to play together later. Don't worry, we're too embarrassed to play for family. I unfortunately discovered that I missed the coupon period for the HP all-in-one printer/fax/scanner at costco. The sale ended yesterday and they wouldn't accept the day old coupon. bastards. They said it's cause the money is from hp and not costco. Oh well...I guess I'll just wait until christmas or later. Maybe something better will come out by then. Of course, mom promised me my digital piano for christmas or whenever costco gets it in stock again. I could order it online but I suppose I can wait. The guy who turned down my plea to take the coupon (got it from uncle george and aunty pam's house) said they should get some in the fall.
Chris gave me the harry potter book 7 for my birthday (he bought it at costco today) and then I also bought more dvds. They had The Parent Trap. And, the most exciting find, was the Bad News Bears movies. It's the 3 old ones (as opposed to the new release) for only $15. I mean, come on, how can you argue against that purchase?!? Only problem is that I have now run out of space on my DVD rack so I think I need to go buy the 175 dvd rack at fred meyer's I saw the other day. It's on sale for $35. Or maybe I'll check online. Chris was embarassed to be around me and my dvd choices. He instead held the harry potter book and his Freakonomics book. Actually, I'm going to read that one after he finishes it. It sounds kind of interesting and funny in a weird sort of way.

The timer for watering my lawn went off so I have to move the sprinkler. I promised mom I'd try to keep the grass alive.

Oh and I bought supplies to wash my car tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i liked freakonomics - crime control via abortion!!