Friday, July 01, 2005

Day 1

Well, I made it through day 1 unscathed. Actually, it wasn't too bad but then again, I was in a computer class and then getting my id for part of the day. But my chief resident is a graduate of Tulane so that was a fun conversation we had about our similar experiences with certain attendings and residents. One of her friends was my resident on OB. I think my brain was stolen or scrambled when passing through the SW of the U.S. I felt so sluggish mentally I was embarassed. But then again, it gets forgiven as an intern thing. My fellow interns of the OHSU peds program started on monday so they had time to get used to the stuff. I had today and then tomorrow is a day off and then sunday I'm on call. So I'll go from taking care of 3 patient notes in the morning to about 20 or so...depending on what happens between today and sunday morning. Hopefully the holiday will scare people into being healthy to enjoy the day outside. At any rate, the kids were all cute and talked to me.

Time to get ready for tonight - hanging out with Carrie. Hopefully Erin will meet us too.

No comments: