Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dragon Boat

Today our residency had an adventure on the Willamette River - Dragon Boats! It was lots of fun. I wish we could have stayed out longer on the boats. We split into 2 teams on different boats and practiced different techniques and then raced each other - my team won. Then we were done. I wish we could have just hung out on the river and went up and down slowly. The race was pretty fast and by the time we won, my arms were dead. They still sort of hurt and will probably hurt in the morning because I have no upper body strength and my legs were too short in that boat to use that strength. I kept getting out of sync with the stroke when my arms would get tired. I guess Providence has 2 teams that any employee can join. If I had way more time, perhaps I would consider it. Anyway, one last day of easy orientation and then I start my first rotation - Pediatrics up at Doernbecker Children's Hospital on the Hill. Time to eat.

No comments: