Saturday, June 25, 2005

furniture

Well, since I got some money from sallie mae, I was able to go out and continue to furnish my home. Next up is a bed for the guest room. Still waiting on the repair guy who is supposed to come check out the furniture that was messed up from the move. I decided to just buy the desk I wanted since I'm tired of waiting (it's been a week). Hopefully they'll come by this week and decide that my futon can't be fixed and give me the $250 so I can get the new one. As soon as I get a large vehicle (carly may be able to help) I can pick up the bookshelf from home depot and the tv from costco. I'm tired of putting together furniture but I want it all done before I start on the 1st. I hate all the clutter.

Yesterday was fun. We had a get together at Oaks Park so staff of the clinics and residency could meet us newbies. Then we rode the rides. Okay, so I went down the super slide and rode the spider ride once and was done but there really wasn't anything else I was willing to ride. They had a version of the viking ship ride that also spun around while up in the air and well, there's no way I'm ever stepping foot on that ride. The spider ride was bad enough. I had to ride it with my eyes closed otherwise it would have freaked me out too much. Every time I opened my eyes, Julius had his camera aimed at me. Great.

Today went by quickly and tomorrow we're taking grampa to a birthday party for a friend from the old neighborhood. I hope we don't have to stay too long. There's still stuff to get done.

No comments: