Thursday, July 05, 2007

One more year

Well I'm now a third year resident. How the hell did that happen so fast?!? Yesterday I kept writing R2 instead of R3 on my admit note. THanks to So Yun I got to go home and sleep in preparation for my second day of testing for Step 3. I hope I passed this stupid test. I finished early on tuesday and again today. The clinical cases were kind of fun. Hopefully I ordered all the stuff that was needed. As long as I pass, I could care less about the score.

Graduation was fun. Our skit for the roast was well received and everyone seemed to enjoy the gifts we got for them. Brogan got me giggle drunk with whiskey and beer. I ended up laughing when Dr. Bob was talking about an experience Gerri had that made her strong...in other words, not an appropriate time to giggle. He told me he didn't hear me when I told him this week what happened. Laura has decided that our graduation should be a grand 3 day event..."like a wedding" were her exact words. We're already planning an overnight party somewhere.

My personal trainer is making me do scary things...like jumping up onto a platform and then jumping back down. Apparently I'm the only one who sees the danger of this since everyone else laughs at me when I tell them how scary it seems. I have a fear of smacking my head into the ground when doing this...how can this be considered irrational when all my injuries have involved smacking my head into the ground by falling backwards. The last thing I need is a broken bone or a damaged brain. I have $190,000 in medical school debt to pay off and I haven't accrued enough disability payment to cover that. I'm sure I'll have to do that again on saturday...maybe I can convince her to let me go back to some of the less scary things.

Yesterday I had my first experience being a senior resident watching an intern do a delivery. It was very hard to just watch and not be able to just jump in and do the delivery myself. But it went well so I'm glad that Heather was able to get her first delivery. I still get credit for the delivery as well since I assisted. I still have to log a few other deliveries that I either did or assisted with...like the patient who had the eclamptic seizure...I think the PTSD is wearing off.

Time to work on clinic notes then go exercise.

No comments: