Monday, May 14, 2007

Fun in the ER

Well tonight was another fun filled day in the pediatric ER. I kind of felt bad because the attending was getting slammed with adult patients...not bad enough to see any adults though. Mean me but oh well...I saw a 2 year old who was pretty stoic but had a funky looking arm after falling down the stairs. The kid didn't cry or pull his arm away as I felt his arm he had complained about earlier. He had a fracture of both his ulna and radius. And it certainly matched the weird shape of his arm. What else...I removed a fingernail from a 4 years old after she slammed it in a beach chair. Fingernail and toe nail removals really gross me out. She wasn't too happy with the numbing up part but she watched without crying as I removed her nail. She actually giggled at some parts. Otherwise, everything else was kind of boring. It's fun being there but othertimes it's kind of boring. That's the ER for you I guess. I saw Aunty Laura and Uncle Frank's neighbor, Dr. Craig. I guess I'll get to work with him at some point if he's in the pediatric pod when I'm there. They see quite a number of adults in that pod though.
Well, I need to sleep since I have to pick up mom tomorrow at the airport

No comments: