Thursday, June 29, 2006

update on blindness

Well, my vision finally started to get better around 8 pm. Actually, it got to the point where seeing far was blurry but I could see near and actually read without straining. So I took out the temporary contacts and was able to see normally again. My eyes are tired after all the fun today. And now I can see well enough to go to sleep. I don't need a new pair of glasses so I guess I'll stick with the old ones. Or I could get a pair of coach eyeglasses to go along with my new coach handbag. The frames alone cost $224. On the other hand, I found a nice set of frames for $100 too. You know, I can have my silver frames and a pair that's copper colored or maybe pewter colored. Afterall, I only had to pay $10 for my eye appt today. Oh so the contacts I'll be trying out are sort of mismatched because my left eye has the huge astigmatism, which as I described below, accounted for my massive blindness with the dilation. So the left eye will have the acuvue for astigmatism and the right eye will have a normal one that's designed to prevent eye dryness for folks like me that have to wear contacts for longer periods of time. Oh and another reason I'm getting a mismatch is because they didn't have the extra moist one in the strength for my left eye. Apparently it's an odd strength and the moist one doesn't come in that strength. I'll have to look into that. Well, we'll see tomorrow if having the mismatch will work out okay. It may prevent the nausea and disorientation I had with the last set of contacts. I think this time I'll buy a smaller supply since I didn't use anywhere near all the contacts I bought. Time for bed!

No comments: