Saturday, October 28, 2006

tiring vacation

Well, it took me until thursday around noon to finish the painting. I painted 6 rooms - the laundry room and downstairs 1/2 bath are sage green, the 2 bathrooms upstairs are blue, and the 2 bedrooms are ivory. I didn't feel up to painting the office. I probably would still be painting. I also got other decorations. For my room, I'm going to do a simple painting of square canvases...cause we all know I can't paint anything besides simple geometric shapes. I could probably make a square unnoticeable. For the office, I took my cross-stitch old world map in to get framed since I had a coupon. I also reorganized that closet since it was a mess. For the guest room, I took the cross-stitch butterflies in for framing (again, i had a coupon). I got a frame for the 2 smaller geisha cross-stitches I did. I also bought a candle for that room. All I need now is the dresser. The one option at Fred Meyer's is a little taller than I prefer since that means rearranging the 3 pictures on that wall. There is another lingerie dresser that is perfect height but wrong color. I could special order one that will need to be painted the dark color and then varnished. There's another one at Sears.com. I just need to figure out which is cheapest and easiest to obtain. Oh and I got a frame for the Multnomah Falls Print I bought in june. I wanted white but couldn't find it so I bought this silver one instead. It matches the hardware in that bathroom. Well, time to watch the shows I recorded when I was busy painting.